Read Louisiana Law of Security Devices - A Precis by Michael H. Rubin Free Online
Book Title: Louisiana Law of Security Devices - A Precis|
The author of the book: Michael H. Rubin
ISBN: No data
ISBN 13: No data
Format files: PDF
The size of the: 2.83 MB
Date of issue: June 2nd 2011
Read full description of the books:
Any decision about Louisiana collateral, financing, lending, mortgages, guarantees, liens and privileges, and collection procedures must take into account that Louisiana is the only state in the nation with civil law (rather than common law). Louisiana's Civil Code, with rules that trace back to the Napoleonic Code, and related statutes are the key to understanding this area of law. The Precis series of titles provides a comprehensive view of all of these topics and more.
Areas covered by Louisiana Law of Security Devices include:
• Suretyship and guarantees, including rules pertaining to Louisiana's categories of commercial, legal, and ordinary sureties;
• Mortgage lending, including creation of mortgage, the types of Louisiana mortgages (conventional, legal and judicial), necessary provisions for a valid mortgage and desirable provisions for judicial execution on mortgages, and mortgage ranking;
• Louisiana's law of registry and public records;
• Title examination;
• The interrelationship of the U.C.C. with Louisiana mortgage laws;
• Securing interests in leases, in a rental income stream, and in leased property;
• Judicial and non-judicial foreclosure rules, including the Louisiana Deficiency Judgment Act;
• Louisiana liens and privileges, including general privileges as well as special privileges on both movable and immovable property; and
• The Louisiana Private Works Act, governing materialmen's liens.
Louisiana Law of Security Devices contains, in easy-to-understand, non-legalese language:
• A detailed discussion of all of the key Civil Code articles and other statutes
• Numerous examples of how these rules interrelate;
• Examples of how to resolve complex issues of ranking security devices
• Practical "how to" tips for practitioners; and
• Warnings of potential traps for the unwary in drafting and negotiating lending documents.
Read information about the authorMichael H. Rubin has conquered many worlds. Professional jazz musician in the New Orleans French Quarter, radio and television announcer, nationally known speaker and humorist, and now author of an award-winning thriller, The Cottoncrest Curse.
At the American Library Association's annual meeting in 2015 in San Francisco it was announced that "The Cottoncrest Curse" had won the IndieFab Book of the Year Gold Award as the top thriller and suspense novel published by a university or independent press in 2015.
Available in hardcover at your local bookstore and as a hardcover and ebook at Amazon and Barnes & Noble, as well as a audio book at Audible and I-Tunes.
What others are saying about The Cottoncrest Curse:
“Rubin’s gripping debut mystery depicts the bitter racial divides of post-Reconstruction South and its continuing legacy.”
"“Michael Rubin proves himself to be an exceptional storyteller in his novel The Cottoncrest Curse.
This powerful epic is expertly composed. I highly recommend picking up this book.”
James Carville, Author, Speaker, Media Personality, Political Consultant
Rubin's novel offers not just a thrilling murder mystery,
but also a compelling look at life in south Louisiana during its most tumultuous decades.
"Michael Rubin’s debut novel, The Cottoncrest Curse, introduces us to a fresh new voice
that weaves talented prose and tack-sharp detail into an intriguing story set in Louisiana’s bayou country.”
Alan Jacobson, National Bestselling Author of Spectrum
"Impeccably researched, deftly plotted and flawlessly executed.
Michael Rubin is a gifted and masterful storyteller. Highly recommended"
Sheldon Siegel, New York Times Best Selling Author of the Mike Daley/Rosie Fernandez novels
A “page turner likely to keep you up all night. * ‘The Cottoncrest Curse’ is skillfully and intricately plotted. * Through it all, the writing is sharp, vivid and compelling.”
“The story is gripping, the writing is masterful * Rubin has struck ‘gold’ in his debut novel.”
Chicago’s CBA Record
Rubin is a former professional jazz pianist and composer who has played in the New Orleans French Quarter and a former television and radio host. He is an accomplished lawyer who helps manage a law firm that has offices stretching from California to Florida and from Texas and Louisiana to New York.
He has served as an adjunct law professor at Louisiana State University Law Schoolfor more than 30 years, and is a nationally known speaker whose talks on topics such as legal ethics, negotiations, appellate advocacy, real estate, finance and trail tactics have been widely praised throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Rubin's presentations combine an informal style with scholarship, thought-provoking comments and humor. A former professional musician, Rubin frequently closes his speeches by sitting down at the piano and signing humorous songs composed specifically for the occasion. The nationally distributed American Lawyer magazine, in writing about him, titled its article "CLE Troubadour." Attendees at Rubin's talks have given him standing ovations and enthusiastic ratings, including, "Best ethics talk I ever heard;" "Rubin was great;" and "Rubin alone was worth the price of admission."
Rubin has presented more than 375 major lectures and papers. He is an author, co-author, and contributing writer of 13 legal books and more than 30 articles for law reviews and periodical
Add a comment to Louisiana Law of Security Devices - A Precis
Read EBOOK Louisiana Law of Security Devices - A Precis by Michael H. Rubin Online free